Heather Butcher has been a competitive triathlete for almost 20 years and a multipart coach for over 12 years. Heather is a USAT level 1 coach, Youth and Junior certified coach and an ACE certified personal trainer with over 15 years of experience. Heather is the owner and operator of TriFitSports personal training studio which offers in person strength sessions as well as sport specific training. She has coached athletes to qualifying for the Hawaii Ironman and qualifying for Team USA as well as taking multiple athletes of all levels to personal bests. Heather coaches a variety of athletes in all distances with the emphasis on maintaining a healthy balance between daily life and training. Heather believes in a holistic approach to life and nutrition and incorporates a variety of resources in her coaching programs to fit the individual needs of her athletes.
Personal accomplishments include:
– 4 x top 10 place at ITU age group world championships and a member of Team USA 5 times.
– 7th place (sprint race) and 11th place (olympic race) at the 2015 ITU World championships in Chicago with a top 10 run time out of all female age groups
– 12 iron distance triathlons including qualifying and competing in the 2008 Hawaii Ironman World championship
– Over all winner of the Great Floridian Iron distance triathlon 2009
-Boston Marathon qualifier
-Member of Florida’s finest for the Disney marathon in 2003
-Top female runner for Team New Balance Sarasota
-Multiple over all wins in local sprint races
-PB 5k 17:46, 10k 36:53, 1/2 marathon 1:23
– USAT All American for the past 5 years
-2014 St. Anthony’s Masters champion (regional championship)
-2015 Overall Female winner St Anthony’s triathlon (regional championship)
-Top 3 in the state of FL for W40-44 5k times
-Top 5 overall female for the past 4 years at the Gasparilla Distance classic